Värde Partners Closes $309 Million in U.S. Commercial Real Estate Loans
MINNEAPOLIS and NEW YORK – Värde Partners, a leading global alternative investment firm, today announced it closed $309 million in U.S. commercial real estate loan originations in the first quarter of 2021. The six transactions span multifamily, office, and hospitality assets across four states and the District of Columbia.
“In an environment where lending conditions have tightened, Värde is able to offer borrowers flexible and reliable capital. We have seen significant demand for the financing of office space, hotels, and multifamily housing with committed sponsors through the pandemic,” said Jim Dunbar, Senior Managing Director at Värde Partners.
Loans closed over the quarter include:
- $63 million for the acquisition of a multifamily property in Frisco, Texas.
- $63 million for the acquisition of a multifamily property in Lewisville, Texas.
- $55 million for the refinancing of an office property in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- $49 million for the refinancing of an office property in Orange, California.
- $40 million for the acquisition a multifamily property in Centennial, Colorado.
- $39 million for the acquisition of a hospitality property in Washington, D.C.
Värde has 27 years of experience investing in real estate and credit markets and has originated over $2.5 billion in commercial real estate loans since 2017. The firm has a dedicated team of experienced originators, asset management and capital markets professionals.
Through its commercial real estate lending program, Värde is a non-recourse, balance sheet lender targeting transitional, value-add and stabilized properties across the U.S. The firm finances all major asset classes, plus mixed-use and self-storage.
About Värde Partners
Värde Partners is a leading global alternative investment firm with roots in credit and distressed. Founded in 1993, the firm has invested $80 billion since inception and manages $15 billion on behalf of a global investor base. The firm’s investments span corporate and traded credit, real estate and mortgages, private equity and direct lending. Värde employs more than 300 professionals worldwide with offices in Minneapolis, New York, London, Singapore and other cities in Asia and Europe. For more information, please visit www.Varde.com.